Thursday, August 4, 2016

Follow me on My Quest to be The Greatest 60 Plus Athlete in the World.

I aim to be the greatest all-around 60 plus athlete in the world.  There, I said it. I have been thinking about this as my purpose and "stretch goal" for quite some time but have been reluctant to say it out loud.  I tried it at the gym yesterday, and it sounded a bit prideful and unrealistic coming out of my mouth, but I am now committed.  To me, this is a truly monstrous undertaking that may be beyond the genetics that I have to work with, not to mention the unknowns that Father Time may have in store for me.

Yet, here I sit less than 5 months from my 60th birthday in arguably the best shape of my life and I am looking for that vision that will galvanize my training for the next decade.  (Once you've trained for decades on end, you realize its the mental part of the game that matters most.) This blog will chronicle my efforts to continue to improve and to take on more and more athletic challenges.

Along the way, I will describe my training, dietary, recovery and mind-set methodologies, relaying what works and why, and what fails to produce the desired results. As well, I will offer impressions of other methodologies and emerging studies in the sports performance arena.

As well, I hope to provide an authentic voice about the ups and downs of my effort that all aspiring athletes and fitness enthusiasts can relate to, no matter their age or circumstances.

If nothing else, I hope this narrative can help keep me motivated.  At best, I hope my quest can serve as motivation to others.

Remember there are "no limits."

No comments:

Post a Comment