Monday, March 20, 2017

Daylight Savings Led to Mixed Success

Well, the experiment of trying to increase the frequency and regularity of my workouts by decreasing 
their intensity, and create for me a whole new set of routine habits, has had mixed results over the last 
two weeks. 

I was able to get nine workouts in a row after my last posting, and then we did the whole 
spring forward Daylight Savings thing. Somehow that extra hour in the morning made it really hard to
get up and I missed a full week of workouts.

Now, over the last two days I have been able to get up fairly comfortably and get in my warm up
run and a decent work out, albeit, as I had planned, with fairly light intensity.

I really did not think it was going to be this difficult to establish a new routine. It has been a struggle,
and I often lay awake in the early morning debating whether I want to get out of bed and work out.
It's just not an automatic got to do it kind of thing yet.

I can tell that my strength and muscle endurance has been decreasing a bit since I retired, but I'm
trying to be gentle with myself as I again, try to establish a whole new set of routines.

One of the saving grace is is that I have been able to be fairly disciplined with my nutrition so I am
not really gaining any weight.

Not sure what the competition schedule will look like this year since I am in the midst of such
change, but I'm not taking everything off the board yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment