Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Slight Change of Plans

I have been leaning out in preparation for the Mid-Atlantic Pro Blow Out, slated for 19 November.  My body fat is in the low 5% range and I'm ready to compete.  Unfortunately, when I went to fill in the entry form today, I saw that polygraphs are only being given on theThursday and Friday before the event. With my current work schedule, I'm not going to be able to make that work.

So, it looks like my next bodybuilding contest will not be until next Spring, sometime.  I am a bit disappointed, to say the least.  I'm not sure how well I would actually place, but I am in great condition and it would have been nice to get some professional photos, under the lights, with a competition tan.

My current strategy is to stay closer to competition condition year round, so this is a good time to start that experiment.  I'm usually not more than 5-8 ponds over contest condition, but now I'm aiming to stay only 2-3 pounds away from target weight, while still trying to incrementally gain muscle.  No sure I would recommend that for everyone, but I think its going to work better for me.

I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment